How to choose the right sofas for your home
Choosing a sofa seems like an easy enough tasks; pick a color that matches the room and a size that fits and that’s it. Well unless you want to be “that guy/girl” with the ugly sofa then there is a whole lot more to it than that. Like everything else in this time of endless choices, there are number of options when it comes to choosing a sofa. You might think you know exactly what you want, but once you walk into a shop or browse images online, the styles, shapes, and customization alternatives will soon have you reaching for your phone to call mom.
So without further delay here is a guideline to help you pick the right seat.
- Size: be wary of size, know how much room you have, measure if you have to. Be on the lookout for what fits into the space you have without taking up too much or on the flip side too little. You need that Goldilocks piece that fits in just right. On the other hand if you have other furniture to put into the same space like side stools or a coffee table you might want to go for something smaller.
- Material: depending on who and what lives in the house some materials can be great and others a disaster waiting to happen no matter how good it may look. Functionality is key when it comes to choosing a material for your sofa especially if you have pets or small children who can cause some serious damage.
- Color& Style: It’s a lot easier to buy colorful throw pillows and replace those than it is to buy an entirely new couch. So be certain before picking, analyze the location so as to know what would fit in and you could always go with a neutral-color with minimal or no pattern this usually goes well with most decor styles.
- Design & orientation: like the color and style these are pre determined mostly by what you already have going on, unless you changing everything else too. So make sure if your style is sleek and modern, pick something that reflects that in clean lines and dramatic colors or if it’s all rustic make sure the sofa is too.
- Cost: be careful not to let the scrooge out when picking this particular piece of furniture. It is in a way the most important furniture in the living room so you want something that looks good, feel great and lasts a lifetime. So you better of spending a little more now and know you don’t have to spend anything in that department for awhile.
- Know what you want: make sure and I repeat make sure you have gone through the previous steps and have a clear or rough image of what you want before you start looking, going in unprepared tends to end disastrously for those who venture that way. Being prepared means you can’t be blindsided or attacked by the sheer number of options that you will be hit with when you do go looking.
Soho Living Group Pte Ltd is an award winning Singapore based contemporary furniture manufacturer with access to international design and material resources. Its collection includes an extensive range of contemporary office chairs, beds, lighting and sofas. Customer satisfaction is at the heart of the brand; therefore Soho Living also provides customization services to meet specific design needs.